Telecommunications Technician Job Duties:
- Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and fire-suppression systems; building ironwork and ladder racks; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; coordinating with contractors.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Reliable transportation and willing to travel to job sites in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New Hampshire
- Ability to lift and carry heavy loads of at least 50 lbs. or more, climb ladders, climb stairs, stooping, work in tight areas
Telecommunications Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Telecommunications Systems Engineering, Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Provisioning, Technical Understanding, Functional and Technical Skills, Independence, Attention to Detail, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Audiovisual Maintenance
- Employer Sponsored Health Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401 K matching 20 % of employee’s contribution
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- Competitive Pay
- Job security for employee and families
- Discounted Gym Membership and Massage
- Free ongoing in-house training with career advancement
Glynn Electric is governed by and committed to the electrical industry's highest standards of professional integrity, performance, and cost effective services for the benefit of our clients. We recognize that our employees are the most important resource in maximizing sales growth and return on investment through teamwork, safety, personnel development and customer service.
Glynn Electric is an industry-leading provider of electrical services throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire. We specialize in a wide variety of electrical services, for our large and small scale Commercial clients. Glynn also has several specialized divisions focusing on Alarm & Security Systems, Telecommunication, Networking, and Fire Safety for our large and small scale Commercial clients. A family run business since 1986 both on the construction and service side this successful company is now hiring.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
MA Lic. A14492
Job Type: Full-time