Plymouth County, MA
Salary: $19.00 to $21.00 /hour
The Purchasing Assistant’s primary purpose is to negotiate price and process material purchase orders for field staff to complete their work on job sites.
Our hours of operations are 7:30-4:30 M-F.
Duties and responsibilities
· Receive high volume of requests daily via email or phone for material and equipment stock orders from field employees and Project Managers
· Send stock order requests to suppliers for quotation
· Receive calls and answer questions from suppliers on material or equipment requested. Verify material questions with requestor.
· Evaluate quotes for accuracy, in-stock status, delivery time, and price. Make an informed decision based on these factors in determining which supplier to negotiate final price and issue a PO to for the requested material or equipment.
· Understand and follow all department SOP’s
· Track and follow up on all PO’s written until they arrive at site or warehouse complete. Continue to follow up on rentals until returned.
· Small spreadsheet projects and other related administrative tasks as assigned
· Strong financial acumen and negotiating skills
· Understanding of purchase orders, invoicing, reconciliation.
· Ability to adapt and effectively reprioritize tasks on short notice
· Extensive computer skills including MS Office Suite
· Workable knowledge of inventory and logistics.
· Able to thrive in challenging and fast pace work environment.
· Capability and willingness to learn, maintain, and update processes
· Ability to communicate effectively within the organization at all levels.
· Exhibit discretion and confidentiality.
· Punctuality and excellent time management skills.
· Works well in a team environment
· Must be self-motivated and self-driven to complete responsibilities and task.
· Integrity exhibited in all company related interactions; internally and externally.
· Experience working in a Contractor environment a plus
· Spectrum and Smartsheets software experience a plus
Working in an open office environment with moderate traffic levels; moderate interruption from multiple Project Managers; moderate amount of phone calls
Primarily at your assigned desk on the computer and answering/making phone calls.
Director of Purchasing