Plymouth County, MA
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for day to day maintenance and management of all Service receivable accounts with a primary emphasis on collections. Contacts customers to resolve any stage of collection that may exist. Ensures receivables and reports are generated and maintained on a timely accurate basis. Prioritization of workflow execution and improvement in conjunction with the ability to ensure effective internal and external communication.
· Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customer finance & accounting personnel.
· Investigates past due accounts and contacts customers to collect payment as expeditiously as possible. Follow‐up consistently to monitor the expected customer payment dates and make allowances with management approval and examination of customer payment plans, payment history, credit line.
· Works with project management and billing staff to ensure there are no issues with customer accounts and invoicing procedures.
· Works with senior management to place customers on hold.
· Sends out customer statements by 7th of each month.
· Provides management with monthly report of customers with balances over 90 days with strategy for collection.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates importance of following through with the proper amount of assertiveness to execute workflow.
- Understanding of all facets of workflow and accounting practices, with an eye to implementing best practices and identifying opportunities to improve workflow execution.
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a sense of urgency and thoroughness.
- Ability to create and ensure consistent process execution.
- Professional, positive, and pro-active attitude.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and/or within a team.
- Understands the importance of deadlines and prioritization of requests and obligations.
No direct reports
This is an office-based role.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The incumbent occasionally walks and stands for long periods of time. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. 40 hours normally.
This role requires minimal travel. Office based role__
Required Education and Experience
· 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable or related role.
· Intermediate skill set in Microsoft Word and Excel.