Plymouth County, MA
Fire Alarm Journeyman Electrician – Service Department
The Licensed Electrician will perform installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and testing of Fire Alarm systems as well as some electrical work. Must be flexible with working hours and be willing to be part of an on call rotation.
- Uses GLYNN Performance Values as tools to carry out all job responsibilities.
- Understands and complies with Company/job safety requirements (O.S.H.A.).
- Reports to assigned job site location on time, as directed.
- Maintains and properly stores tools, materials, and equipment.
- Understands and exhibits proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment, and materials.
- Organizes materials and tools to maintain clean and neat work area.
- Mounts and installs assigned hardware (such as conduit, wires, and strapping) as directed.
Journeyman Electrician Job Qualifications:
- The ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Takes pride in craftsmanship
- Identifies colors of wires and conductors accurately.
- Able to ensure timely installations.
- Performs work at various heights up to 90 feet from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks, roofs, or
other designated safe work areas.
- Works in restrictive/tight areas (i.e. switchgear rooms, crawl spaces, utility tunnels, attics, etc.).
- Possesses ability to dig trenches; either by use of hand tools or equipment.
- Reads and understands labels, job site maps/directions, instruction manuals, and written instructions accurately.
- Able to acquire/maintain personal hand tools per Company policy.
- Ability to become certified to operate platform and boom lifts.
- Understand basic math.
- Understands verbal instructions and heeds warnings.
- Great attitude.
Journeyman Electrician Benefits Include:
- Competitive Wage
- Profit Sharing
- 401K employer 20% match
- Gym membership
- Long term disability insurance
- Health/Dental plan
- Life insurance
- On-going free in-house training with career advancement along with a positive healthy work environment.
- A safe working environment
- Job security for themselves and their families
Company Overview: Glynn Electric is governed by and committed to the electrical industry's highest standards of professional integrity, performance, and cost effective services for the benefit of our clients. We recognize that our employees are the most important resource in maximizing sales growth and return on investment through teamwork, safety, personnel development and customer service.
Glynn Electric is an industry-leading provider of electrical services throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire. We specialize in a wide variety of electrical services, for our large and small scale Commercial clients. Glynn also has several specialized divisions focusing on Alarm & Security Systems, Telecommunication, Networking, and Fire Safety for our large and small scale Commercial clients. A family run business since 1986 both on the construction and service side this successful company is now hiring.